Last month, I updated a previous post about the importance of earned media to your SEO strategy. And at the rate social media changes, looks like I have another reason to post an update on how the business case for social media keeps growing.
This morning I was reading Media Bistro’s All Twitter article abut how hugely important social media signals are to a strong SEO ranking. Not just important, but hugely important. No surprises here, but I think the article does have some awesome nuggets to share.
- Seven of the top ten important SEO rankings come for social media (debatable, but I think the author provides some good assertions)
- Several technical factors play a role in SEO: length of url, position of key words, etc.
- Quality Content is still important.
You can check out the image.
All of this is to say, that I love articles that say what you already know. Social media is not a nice to have, but a necessity. I think at the speed in which social media is growing is scary, perhaps fearful, but that’s why you need to embrace change now.
This is why folks are fighting for corporate change in their organizations to be more social. And let’s be clear, being a social business is not just about marketing, it is about the whole business. Be the disruptive change or diva in your organization to usher social media into the business. You will need to start small because change is hard, but the reward is huge. Rewards for businesses who get that social media is more than just clicks and likes, will be:
- More profitable. (think Zappos)
- Better connected with their clients and prospects
- Mostly have better internal engagement with employees
- Understanding of real time trends
Nobody wants to say no to more profits, but sometimes infusing this type of change takes a long, long time. It takes planning, strategy, bravery, and guts to get this done. Are you up for the challenge?